December 7, 2016   Home   
 Welcome to Friends of Moat House Park
Friends of Moat House Park was formed by local people many just walking their dogs in the park and generally enjoying this local amenity.   Our aim is to preserve and protect the park both now and in the future.  We work closely with; the local council, resident’s group’s, and local agencies  to ensure that the park remains a safe environment for all to enjoy.
 
Moat House Park is located to the North East of Coventry sits between, Henley Green, Wood End, Potters Green.  It’s also the footfall for many local schools and their pupils. 
 
Originally known as Moat House Farm Park the site over the years has consisted of:
 A medieval manor house with a rare “horseshoe” shaped moat.
Working dairy Farm. (Later to become attached to the colliery providing the horses to draw the trams and barges to the oxford canal)
 
The Alexandra Colliery from 1800 to 1930’s.  The canal basin servicing the mine and pump station was situated behind the Alfa business park.
 
NDC have just completed a major regeneration of the park which included improved path ways, lighting, seating .
 
Friends of Moat House Park meet on the second Thursday of each month 7pm at the Moat House Leisure and Neighbourhood Centre, Wigston Road, we welcome new members. 
 
See Events page for meeting times and find out what's happening in the park and how you can get involved, everyone is welcome.
                    
  Copyright 2010 Friends of Moat House Park   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement    Login